Gino Cosentino Wooden sculpture ‘Affinity’, Italy 1960s
Interesting interlocking sculpture by Gino Cosentino, Italy 1960s. The sculpture is part of the artist's long pursued theme 'Affinity'.
It's beautifully carved out of two pieces of Coromandel wood, the lighter colored spint wood is chosen by the artist for more exposure.
Gino Cosentino was born in Catania in 1916, Cosentino graduated in 1946 from the Academy of Fine Arts in Venice.
The following years appear decisive for the artist's life. In 1956 a first monographic album appears on his work, of which he himself writes the introduction.
In 1958 he created the Via Crucis for the church of Baranzate, designed by the architects Angelo Mangiarotti and Bruno Morassutti.
In 1970 he moved the studio to Milan. The sculpture is signed a the bottom. In excellent condition.